During the school year I’m so diligent about hitting all the food groups. Slicing apples into oatmeal and sprinkling it with just the right amount of cinnamon. Omlettes with protein and spinach. Whole grain waffles with strawberries. I go hard.
We don’t take ourselves too seriously during the summer months. (It’s called summer vacation for a reason.) A chance to loosen the reigns and relax.
But I still have to make sure the kid is healthy and getting all her nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants via her daily meals. We’ve been making these Berry-Yogurt Pops all summer and plan to carry on the tradition as long as it’s hot outside. They’re great on-the-go treats (pack a wet wipe) and I don’t have to do much convincing for her to finish her food!
See below for a quick recipe that’s fun to make (and eat) with the kids.
2 cups of greek vanilla yogurt
1 tablespoon of honey
1 cup of mixed berries
1. Stir together yogurt, honey, and mixed berries.
2. Transfer the mixture to ice-pop molds
3. Add a layer of granola to the top of the popsicle mold.
4. Freeze for at least 8 hours
3. Unmold by running under hot water for 3 seconds.