Simmer, puree, and serve! I make this fresh, creamy soup at least once a month. It’s quick (under 30 minutes!) and like all my recipes, freezes well for future meals and packs well into thermos lunches for the week. Multifunctional meals to the rescue!
PHOTO CREDIT: The Awesome Green
Mint + Pea Soup
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cups vegetable broth
6 cups shelled fresh peas or frozen peas, thawed
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
Freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
2 tablespoons heavy cream
Chopped fresh chives (for serving)
1. Melt butter in a large heavy pot over medium heat.
2. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened but not browned, 6-8 minutes.
3. Add 2 cups broth and bring to a boil.
4. Add peas, reduce heat, and simmer gently until tender, about 5 minutes for fresh peas, about 2 minutes for frozen. Remove pot from heat.
5. Add parsley, mint, and remaining 2 cups broth to pot.
6. Purée soup in a blender or with an immersion blender. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Whisk crème fraîche and cream in a small bowl and spoon over soup for serving.