I’m assembling a list of my favorite summer pasta recipes. I need a handful of quick, go-to recipes that are delicious and easy to make.
This zucchini pasta is No. 1 on my list. Zucchini is everywhere at the end of summer and is packed with vitamin C, protein and fiber. Nutritious, healthy and colorful, this healthy pasta is not one to be missed. With a boost of flavor from the parmesan and red pepper, this zucchini mix is sure to become a summer staple. It freezes well (just leave the parmesan out and add it when reheating) and works just as well when served cold. Perfect for weeknights and bound to leave you wanting more! Cheers to a simple, carefree summer!
Penne with Zucchini and Parmesan
8 ounces penne pasta
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or 3 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic or 1/8 teaspoon of garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
Sea salt and pepper
1. Shred zucchini on the large holes of a box grater. (You should have about 4 cups.)
2. Toss with 1/2 teaspoon salt in a colander. Balance over a bowl and set aside.
3. Cook pasta in a pot of salted boiling water.
4. Drain pasta and transfer to pot; add zucchini while pasta is still hot.
5. Toss with olive oil, parmesan, garlic, and red-pepper flakes over low heat for 5 minutes. Season with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper.
Photo via Martha Stewart Living Magazine by Aaron Dyer Photo
For more recipes and tips from experts around the web click the link
above and check out MIX—a new app that helps you
discover, curate and share content lists (called Mixes) with friends and followers.
Use code: MOCHA3 for a free app download!