I love this simple salad. There are so few ingredients yet it’s packed with so much flavor. To be completely honest, I save time by using Newmans Own Creamy Caesar instead of making my own from scratch. I’ve tried so many recipes that require blending anchovies into the dressing. I haven’t been able to find the perfect combination and have ended up with really fishy salad. This recipe is just as delicious and travels well for on-the-go- lunches! (Yet another reason to skip the anchovies 🙂
Cheers to no-cook summer meals!
Simple Caesar Salad
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons half and half or milk (depending on the desired thickness of your dressing)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-mayonnaise blend
- Dash of garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce
- Salad croutons
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk, parmesan, garlic, pepper, a dash of salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Mix in lemon juice.
- Place romaine in a large bowl and drizzle with dressing. Toss in croutons and serve!
Goes deliciously as the perfect side to burgers, pita wraps and soups! (And wine)